On Saturday, April 6, 2019, more than 500 Girl Scout adult members gathered for the annual council meeting, and to celebrate the service and tenure of dedicated Girl Scout volunteers!
With this year’s council theme being Action Speaks Louder, Nancy Wright, CEO, gave a riveting State of the Council keynote, sharing details about the work that has been done over the past year, and more importantly, the strategic work of the council for the current year and beyond. Board President, Kathy Scherer followed and with the help of girl board representative, Colleen Christian, installed new officers and directors to the Board of Directors.
Several stand out, celebratory moments from the day included;
- Heidi Gannon and Marlene Knapp were added to the Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana Hall of Fame.
- We celebrated the following GSUSA honorees:
- Christine Alfred, Thanks Badge
- Melissa Young-Bridgeforth, Thanks Badge
- Christina Robinson, Honor Pin
- Tonya Belcher, Appreciation Pin
- Scott Bennett, Appreciation Pin
- Dawn Brook, Appreciation Pin
- Cori Chojnacki, Appreciation Pin
- Keth Goodman, Appreciation Pin
- Starr Hochbaum, Appreciation Pin
- Christina Johnson, Appreciation Pin
- Mike Kizman, Appreciation Pin
- Nzsenga McClendon, Appreciation Pin
- Patricia McCoy, Appreciation Pin
- Nicole Mitchell, Appreciation Pin
- Claire Mosshamer, Appreciation Pin
- Janet Skogsberg, Appreciation Pin
- Suzanne Stewart, Appreciation Pin
- Two staff members were honored with the D.A.I.S.Y. (Dynamic and Incredible Staff of the Year) award: Peggy Brothers, AVP, Camp Program and Property and Jenny Waszak, HR Director.
- We celebrated the dedication and action of 30 Service Units who received the President’s Award—this is a record number of Service Units earning the award!
- Also, part of the celebrations were volunteers who’ve provided service to Girl Scouts from 5 to 60 years! A record number of volunteers received their 5 and 10 year pins at this year’s event.
- Guests enjoyed continental breakfast, empowering music, a photo montage of awardees, cupcakes and time to reconnect with Girl Scout friends.
Thanks to everyone who made this year’s Annual Meeting such a great success. We remain grateful for all our staff and volunteers who make the Girl Scout world a wonderful place to work and serve!
One thought on “Girl Scouts GCNWI’s Annual Meeting and Adult Recognition Event was a Smashing Success”