If running a marathon was easy, everyone would do it. On Sunday, Oct. 13, 15 Girl Scout Go-Getters took on the challenge and finished the Bank of America Chicago Marathon.
The team was full of runners from diverse backgrounds and levels of association with Girl Scouts. We even had a family member of an Associate Board member travel all the way from Los Angeles to compete in his fourth marathon. We had a Girl Scout parent from the Phoenix, Arizona council travel in to fight through her third marathon. Two GCNWI staff members and our Associate Board President were completing their first ever marathon!
Racing for Change
While running 26.2 miles is a huge accomplishment, it’s what the team accomplishes in raising funds for our council that makes the biggest impact. Together, our team of 23 runners raised more than $35,000 and counting.
Together we empower each G.I.R.L. to change the world. What is it that makes a G.I.R.L. so incredible? Well, she’s a Go-getter who races to the finish. She is an Innovator who builds robots and competes around the world. She is a Risk-taker who explores new adventures through travel. She is a Leader who speaks at a United Nations event.
If you want to be a part of this growing community of runners and change-makers, apply for the 2020 Bank of America Chicago Marathon!
- Apply by Dec. 1 – Fundraising Minimum is $1,250
- Apply after Dec. 1 – Fundraising Minimum is $1,750
Applications will close on Jan, 30, 2020 or when our team is filled.
Go Get It!
When you run with the Girl Scout Go-Getters, you will receive:
- Guaranteed entry into the 2020 Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- Free virtual and in-person training options with Chicago Endurance Sports
- Official Girl Scout Go-Getters team running shirt and running belt
- Customizable fundraising page to help reach your goal
- Access to all team events (kick-off meeting, pasta party, and other events decided by team)
- Free access to Race Day Resort on race day (located next to start line with food, drinks, indoor restrooms)
- You will be invited to attend our “Thanks to You” reception in Fall 2020 (usually at the Union League Club, downtown)
If you have any questions, please contact Holly Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.