Girl Scouts have always shown their appreciation to our military and veterans who serve to protect our freedom.
In observance of Veterans Day, we are proud to debut our newest patch program, Honoring Our Veterans.
Working together with U.S. Senator Tammy Duckworth—a Girl Scout alum and army veteran—we have developed the Honoring Our Veterans patch program for girls to connect with and honor our veterans.
How to earn the patch
- Complete at least two criteria from the list below.
- Share a story with us about your experience! This could be a photo, video, or a written account. Stories should be shared on our website.
- Bring your story submission confirmation email to one of our six shop locations to pick up your free patch! Find a shop location near you.
Complete a Service Project Benefiting Veterans
Below are some service project ideas. You may complete two service projects to earn the patch.
- Send cards of appreciation
- Volunteer at a Veteran Home or program
- Coordinate and lead an activity with a veterans
- Work with a local Veteran Home or senior center to coordinate a monthly visit to bring hygiene supplies, clothes and other needed items.
- Participate in an Honor Flight (Learn more https://www.honorflight.org/tour-schedule/)
- Volunteer with a therapy dog organization that provides therapy dogs for Veterans (such as Hero Dogs, Dog T.A.G.S.)
Visit with a Veteran: This could be someone you know, or by visiting a Veteran Home.
Tell a Veteran’s Story: Interview a veteran and tell their story through writing, video, or another way.
All of the stories submitted through the story submission form will be collected and shared with Senator Duckworth.
Download the Patch Program guidelines [PDF] »