October is all about the power of the G.I.R.L. (Go-Getter, Innovator, Risk-Taker, Leader), and we have a lot to celebrate! Join us for International Day of the Girl webinars, and special in-person Trunk or Treat! Don’t forget about Juliette Gordon Low’s birthday— we’ll have special ways to celebrate that too.
Read on to learn about all of our plans for October, from virtual to in-person programs!
Programs for All Ages (K-12 and Adults)
Girls of all ages this October will have the opportunity to:
- Take it Outside to make giant bubbles on Tuesday, Oct. 13!
- Join the G.I.R.L. Time Webinar on Friday, Oct. 16, where girls of all ages will gather to spend time with other Girl Scout sisters and discuss what kind of girls and young women they are.
- Learn leaf identification, leaf art ideas, and more ways to use those pretty leaves on your lawn with our Nothing but Leaves webinar on Take It Outside Tuesday, Oct. 20!
- Participate in several Community Service Sunday opportunities for girls to do a good turn every week!
- Follow-along with our Pumpkin Carving webinar on Friday, Oct. 23, to create some very creative pumpkins for the spooky season!
- Join us on Facebook Live on Thursday, Oct. 29, at 5:30 p.m., for another Shop Social Live!
Trunk or Treat
Come along to our In-Person Trunk or Treat on Saturday, Oct. 17, to take photos of our decorated cars in the Friendship Center parking lot and pick up fun treats! Each girl will receive a bag and a fun patch. Don’t miss out on this special Halloween-y event!
Get Outside With Us!
Daisies and Brownies, make your first day-camping experience an incredible one by interacting with Mother Nature and your sister Girl Scouts! Join us for our Outdoor Extravaganza at Camp Palos on Saturday, Oct. 3, to play games, sing songs, work towards earning the Eco Learner badge, and so much more!
Girl Scouts Change the World
It’s almost International Day of the Girl, and nobody celebrates the world-changing power of girls quite like Girl Scouts!
We’re celebrating the day and girls around the globe with two webinars for Girl Scouts on Saturday, Oct. 10, where girls will virtually work together on the Global Action Award, which focuses this year on the United Nation’s Sustainable Development goal of gender equality. And don’t forget to snag the International Day of the Girl patch from our store!
Don’t miss the chance to party with, and learn from, the 2020 National Gold Award Girl Scouts, who don’t just change the world for the better—they change it for good! Join Girl Scouts as we celebrate the world-changing power of girls on Saturday, Oct. 10, for an International Day of the Girl party. Register here!
Programs for Adults and Volunteers
We are hosting several virtual opportunities for our adult volunteers, including Virtual Troop Meeting Support meetings on Oct. 7 and 12, Mock Virtual Troop Meeting Webinars multiple days from Oct. 1-19, and Girl Scout leader chats every month!
Flash Friday Sales and More!
Don’t miss out on our awesome Girl Scout store sales all month long! For the entire month of October, ALL fun patches are 15% off!
Get Ready for Fall Fun!
Looking for programs for a specific age-group? Follow these links to find them:
- Programs for Daisy Girl Scouts »
- Programs for Brownie Girl Scouts »
- Junior Girl Scout programs »
- Programs for Girl Scout Cadettes »
- Programs for Girl Scout Seniors and Ambassadors »
Fall Product Program is Coming Oct. 1!
Our Fall Product Program is about to start on Thursday, Oct. 1! Don’t miss out on your chance to participate and earn awesome rewards AND a personalized patch with YOUR name and avatar on it!
Watch your inbox for more information to be released soon!
Renew Your Membership before Sept. 30!
This year’s Girl Scout memberships expire on Sept. 30, 2020. Renew now so you don’t miss a beat! You must be renewed to participate in Fall Product and all of the amazing programs offered this fall!
Leaders, when 90% of the girls in your troop renew by Sept. 30 your troop will automatically receive a free Zoom account when the new membership year begins in October. Renew your Girl Scout membership today to continue growing with us.