Now entering our fifteenth year, Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana (GSGCNWI) is excited to bring you a new and improved version of Camp CEO as part of our Zoom into Summer Camp series. We are calling on all high school Girl Scouts interested in developing their leadership skills while learning from women in various high-level careers!
This year, Camp CEO will run July 26-30 and will be a hybrid program, with some days happening in person (location TBA) and some days happening in a virtual capacity. See tentative schedule below!
What to Expect
Throughout the week of Camp CEO, we will focus on the themes of networking, communication skills, self-discovery, and personal insight. We will do this through workshops (in person and virtual) that are hands on and driven by girl and mentor conversations and voices, not lectures.
The highlight of Camp CEO is the opportunity for Girl Scouts to be paired one on one with a mentor who they will work with throughout the week of camp and beyond! The Girl Scout and mentor will be paired after the first day of camp on Monday, July 26. The expectation is that Girl Scout and mentor touch base at least once per day on prompts that will be provided to you.
Through attending Camp CEO, it is our hope that girls in any stage of high school learn the following skills that they will take with them well beyond high school:
- Personal development (self-awareness, self-discovery)
- Skill development (public speaking, conflict resolution, effective communication, problem solving, etc.)
- Exposure to female mentors
- Collaboration skills (team and group work)
- Opportunities to build lasting mentor relationships
To participate in Camp CEO 2021, the following criteria must be met:
- Girl Scouts must register for the program and THEN complete the intake form they will be emailed. Intake forms are due by Friday, June 11. Failure to complete intake form will make the Girl Scout not eligible to participate. In this case, a refund will be issued.
- Girl Scout must be entering grades 9-12 in Fall 2021.
- Girl Scout and their assigned mentor must check in with each other at least once per day via email, phone, or virtual platform. Prompting questions will be provided.
- Girl Scouts must be able to attend all parts of Camp CEO including in person days and virtual workshops. See tentative schedule below for more information.
- Girl Scouts must complete a health history form prior to Camp CEO. The form will be emailed once the intake form is complete.
Camp CEO 2021 Schedule (tentative)
- Monday, July 26 – 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (in person)
- Tuesday, July 27 – 10 a.m.-12 p.m. (virtual)
- Wednesday, July 28 – 10 a.m.-12 p.m. (virtual)
- Thursday, July 29 – 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (in person)
- Friday, July 30 – 9 a.m.-12 p.m. (in person)
Meet some of our mentors for Camp CEO 2021!
GCNWI Board President Sidney Dillard, (Partner & Head of Corporate Investment Banking, Loop Capital Market
Former GCNWI Board President Kathy Scherer, Managing Partner, Business Tax Services, Deloitte Tax LLP
Mary Bakken, EVP & COO, Silver Cross Hospital
Christine Concari, General Manager Customer Service, Celevland-Cliffs Inc
Julie Marcello, Managing Director, Marsh
Carol Murphy, Managing Director, AON Risk Solutions
Monica Weed, Former Executive VP & General Counsel, Navigant
Katy Lynch, Co-Founder & CMO, Codeverse
Jennifer Montague, VP, Communications and External Affairs, NIPSCO
Cynthia Hunt, Career Advisor, WHEN Way of Life
Tracy Ardis, VP of Human Resources, Silver Cross Hospital
Annie Logue, Freelance Writer, Teacher and Consultant
Renew Your Membership to Participate in Camp CEO
Strength, resilience, togetherness, and the support of community—that’s what Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana is all about. So in this uncertain world, you can count on one thing for sure: today, tomorrow, together, we are on your team. Join Girl Scouts or renew your membership today!