As summer winds down and children head back to school, we’re gearing up for another exciting year of Girl Scouting! But we can’t do it without our hard working, enthusiastic team of adult volunteers. Whether they’re chaperoning a troop at summer camp or leading troop meetings, these dedicated men and women are committed to empowering the next generation of women leaders.
At Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana, we have a few fun ways you can show your appreciation for the countless volunteers who work tirelessly to make every Girl Scout’s experience a memorable and life-changing one.
1. Send a thank-you note or card. When’s the last time you received a handwritten thank-you note? This simple, sincere gesture can go a long way in letting your volunteer know how much you value their time and admire their leadership.
2. Join our “Just Say Thanks” initiative. Did you know that our council’s CEO, Nancy Wright, will send a personal note to special Girl Scout volunteers? Anyone can submit a request through our website to receive this very special token of appreciation. Click here to get started.
3. Get crafty. Visit our council’s Pinterest page for creative handmade crafts and gifts to thank your troop leader.
4. Deliver a certificate of appreciation. Say thanks the Girl Scout way with a personalized certificate of appreciation. Get started here.
5. Nominate them for a Girl Scout award. Show the volunteers in your life how much you appreciate them by nominating them for council awards, such as Hidden Heroine and New Found Treasure, or Girl Scouts of the USA national awards, such as the Appreciation Pin and the Thanks Badge. For more information about the awards and to nominate your favorite volunteer, click here.
What are some ways you show love to the volunteers you know? Let us know in the comments!