Join the GCNWI 2019 Trip: The First Step in the Travel Progression
Following the wake of the very successful and fun You-and-Me on Mackinac Island trip, GSGCNWI hosted the first annual You-and-Me in Door County trip in June 2018, and we’re offering the trip again in 2019! Secure your spot by Mar. 31 with a deposit!
Below you can learn more about our 2018 trip to Door County where 21 Girl Scout Brownies, Juniors and Cadettes, along with their moms or grandmas, explored so much of what Door County, Wisconsin has to offer.
Trip Highlights Included:
- A boat tour on Ride the Fireboat: Originally designed as a City of Chicago Fireboat, the “Fred A. Busse” was built in Bay City, Michigan in 1937 as a way to combat city fires from the Chicago River and Lake Michigan! Girls on last summer’s trip even got to try using the water hose!
- Next up was a stop at The Farm where Girl Scouts got to feed baby goats, cuddle with kittens, milk cows and see what life would be like working on a real farm.
- A guided tour of The Ridges Sanctuary – state park that preserves the natural area with ridges and swells along the coastline.
- A meal at Al Johnson’s where you can pet goats that live on the roof!
- Spending time with family members exploring Sister Bay and Egg Harbor.
- A swim party! This was a favorite of many of the girls.
“We enjoyed the free time to walk down to the beach and play in the water, [including] watching the sunset from the marina.”
The final day of the trip included a trolley tour of Peninsula State Park and lunch near Lambeau Field.
If you’re interested in joining the 2019 You-and-Me in Door County trip, you can register here by Mar. 31, 2019.
The 2019 Door County You and Me trip will take place June 23-25. The total cost of the trip is approximately $300 per person, and includes coach bus, accommodation, multiple meals and activities. Girls will help guide the itinerary for the 2019 trip.
– Girl Scout Parent
“This trip was so much fun all around. As a parent, I liked the mix of items on our itinerary. [It was] the perfect amount of outings and free time!”
Approximate total cost for each You-and-Me trip is $300 per person.
Don’t forget: Registration closes when trips are full or on Mar. 31 for both St. Louis and Door County!