A blog series to help girls, parents, and leaders learn ways to fund your Girl Scout travels!
Are you ready to travel the globe and see what the world has to offer? Maybe you’re interested in joining a Girl Scouts Destinations trip or a Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana (GSGCNWI) council-sponsored trip such as our upcoming You-and-Me Trips to urban/hip St. Louis, MO, or Door County, WI for the outdoor adventurer!
Whatever your future Girl Scout travels may be, you’re going to need some money, and now is the perfect time to start planning and earning!
Financial Assistance for travel is available through our council and GSUSA.
- GCNWI Travel Financial Assistance: GSGCNWI offers financial assistance (FA) and scholarships for girls traveling on council-sponsored trips AND Destinations! Applications for travel FA are available after Jan. 1 each year. If you are currently registered for one of these trips, a council representative will send you an application.
- Juliette Low World Friendship Fund: If you apply for a Girl Scouts Destination to one of the WAGGGS World Centres, you will automatically receive $500 toward the cost of your trip;
- Financial Assistance with Programs: Every Girl Scout can receive up to $25 per year to help cover the cost of troop field trips, troop travel, and more. Applications are open Nov. 1 to July 30 each year.
Use these money saving tips towards upcoming You & Me trips! There is still availability on the beautiful Door County, WI trip!
Door County Trip Includes:
- A boat tour on Ride the Fireboat: Originally designed as a City of Chicago Fireboat, the “Fred A. Busse” was built in Bay City, Michigan in 1937 as a way to combat city fires from the Chicago River and Lake Michigan! Girls on last summer’s trip even got to try using the water hose!
- Next up was a stop at The Farm where Girl Scouts can feed baby goats, cuddle with kittens, milk cows and see what life would be like working on a real farm.
- A guided tour of The Ridges Sanctuary – state park that preserves the natural area with ridges and swells along the coastline.
- A meal at Al Johnson’s where you can pet goats that live on the roof!
- Spending time with family members exploring Sister Bay and Egg Harbor.
- A swim party! This was a favorite of many of the girls.
Explore the outdoors with your fellow Girl Scouts on You & Me Door County.
2 thoughts on “Fund Your Travels: Financial Assistance and Scholarships for Girl Scouts to Travel”